Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Superheroes

Last night I was brushing Spencer's teeth and had to chuckle at his image in the mirror. He was my sweet little blonde boy with the innocent eyes wearing his jammies, bathrobe, and his Superman cape. It was straight out of a Norman Rockwell picture. He asked why I was laughing. I said, "Because you're cute." He responded very sternly, "Superheroes are NOT cute!!"

Carson is quite the little traveler now. He is so happy to be able to go wherever he wants. He is making some animal sounds now. He does a dog, a cat, and a bird. Only if it's his idea, of course. His favorite is the dog sound, and he starts going "ruff, ruff" whenever he sees something furry, including Slippy.

The other night we were "Boo'd," which means someone in the neighborhood anonymously left a plate of cookies on our doorstep. There was a note indicating that now it was our turn to "Boo" two other houses. So Spencer and I made some cupcakes and set out after dark to deliver them. We had to take Carson too, since Andy was off at an appointment that night. Let me just say that it is a challenge to be sneaky with an excited 5-year-old and a baby. The first house went relatively well, although I was concerned that Spencer might step on the cupcakes in his anticipation to ring the doorbell. At the second house we hid around the corner, but were quickly discovered by the family dog, who stood there barking at us while Carson barked right back at her. So much for being "secret!"

1 comment:

Brittanny said...

I think the "boo-ed" tradition is so cute...we got to pass that one along too and Annelise had so much fun! But you know what, I do think superheros can be cute...my kids are all superheros for Halloween...and I bet they will be cute! ANd I can only imagine your superman in the mirror with his toothbrush...and I bet he was pretty stinking cute!