Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dinosaur Park

I went with Spencer on a field trip to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden a few weeks ago. We saw and learned a lot about dinosaurs!

There were lots of kids because two classes went at the same time! Hopefully you can make out Spencer amongst the crowd--he's the small one with the hat and the cute smile! The teacher would stop periodically and ask questions, to which Spencer knew ALL the answers. At one point, he declared with pride, "Everybody says I'm smart!!" Miss Tammy said that's because he is. I agree!

Here he is with one of his favorite pals at school, Ammon. They spent almost all day together. They're such cute little friends. Ammon is only a few days younger than Spencer. Unfortunately he will go to a different elementary school.

Digging for fossils in the sand. He uncovered a whole skeleton!

In the Education Center, making their own dinosaurs out of paper plates. It's still hanging on the fridge. Note the color he chose....

Riding a dinosaur with his other pal, Preston. It's so fun to step back and watch him interact with his peers. I love listening to their conversations. They talk to each other like they're grown-ups, and sometimes even argue a little bit.

It's a giant turtle!! We had a fun day. I love hanging out with one child or the other and being free to give them my full attention. Not that it isn't fun to be with both, but it's a little extra rewarding to have one-on-one time.

1 comment:

John and Jan Sherman said...

To Spencer: Grandma & Grandpa think you are very smart too. Very, very smart. Please call us when you get time.