Spencer has discovered my Achilles heel. I HATE spiders! I've been cleaning out closets and found a few books I had put away until he was old enough for them. One happens to be about spiders, with large, closeup photos on each page. I told him I would read him any story we own EXCEPT that one. He got a wicked gleam in his eye and kept shoving it under my nose, saying "Look Mom!" Then he giggles and makes spooky spider sounds. This morning he was at it again, begging me to read the spider book. When I refused he said, "But Mom, they're not real." I said, "No, but they're still yucky!" He said, "They're not yucky...they're FANTASTIC!!"
Carson is experiencing a language explosion. Finally!! He repeats just about everything we say, especially if Spencer says it. One morning we were making him say stuff. We started naming everyone we could think of. "Say Slippy." "Bippy!" "Say Pooh." "Pooh!" "Say Spencer." "Dadoof!" He is so funny. I wonder how long he will call his big brother Dadoof! Spencer made a sign for his door that says "No Babies in my Room." He told Carson what it said and Carson replied, "No no no babies!" Then he laughed and opened the door and helped himself!
They are such good kids. We waited for an hour and a half today for our flu mist. They were angels! Spencer is taking more swimming lessons. He really doesn't like going under water, but he tries so hard and does it anyway. I know exactly how he feels. I hope he gets the hang of it soon so we can be done!
No comments:
Post a Comment