Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Winner!

Remember that picture Spencer took for the contest at school? (see October post "Church Guys.") He won!! There were a couple of winners from his age group (grades K-2). I was proud of him!

Here is our happy winner with his trophy!

His friend up the street won for a video he made.

Carson has gotten super gabby lately!! He's talking to Grandma on the phone here. They had at least a 20-minute conversation. Nice hair, too, don't you think?

This is what church does to my poor little fella--wears him right out!

Bonding with Slippy. Last night Spencer and I were discussing what a school for cats would be like. He says, "Slippy would be a bully." Yes, she would. She is crabby and self-centered enough. We love her anyway!

Dakota is still her happy, rambunctious self. The dog house is finally finished, but she refuses to use it. I started feeding her in it, but she doesn't stay long. We'll keep trying to entice her. She needs a shelter if it's bad weather and no one's home!!

Puppy dog eyes--she has mastered the art of looking pathetic, especially when she stands at the door waiting to come in and the wind is blowing her ears around. I can't help but laugh! (Of course I let her in and shower her with affection, lest you think I have a heart of stone.)

This was our first real snow of the season, just the other day. Dakota hates to be out in the wind and precipitation of any kind, so I didn't know if she'd like the snow. She LOVED it!! She ran all over the yard and got snow on her nose. Spencer would throw big snowballs at her and she jumped up in the air and caught them in her mouth. What a show!

3 comments:

cred2216 said...

Wow, growing up way too fast.
GGPR

John and Jan Sherman said...

So happy for Spencer - could be the beginning of a fantastic career in photojournalism. Snowball story was the funniest we've heard in a long time.

John and Jan Sherman said...

Oh such amazing boys and puppy!! That trophy is way kool too and so is the boy who won it.XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO