Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cute Stories

I've recovered now from my frustration at my children. They really are very good kids overall. They're just normal.

So, where to begin? Carson is at the stage where he says hilarious things all day long. He is finally accepting that he is getting a baby brother, not a sister as he hoped. The other day he asked, "Mom, could you open your mouth so I can see Baby Brother?" He is so confused about how a baby could be in there. At one point he was worried that all the food I ate was piling up on the baby's head.

He just graduated from the Nursery at church and is now with all the "big kids" (ages 3-12) in Primary. I asked him which he liked better, Nursery or Primary. He said he liked Nursery. When I asked why, he exclaimed "Because they EAT there!!" (No more snack time in Primary!)

One day he brought his favorite blanket and pillow into the kitchen and laid on the tile. I said, "What are you doing? You don't want to sleep on this hard floor!" He told me he wanted to sleep in the kitchen so he would already be there for breakfast in the morning. He thinks about food a lot.

The boys are both into football lately, to their father's delight. They get their little helmets on and Spencer shouts instructions while Carson furrows his brow and runs helter skelter. One night Spencer explained that Carson should hold the ball down and say, "Down, set, hike!" So Carson made his football face, held the ball to the floor, and said, "Down, set, hike... Now what??" Spencer is a very patient coach!

1 comment:

John and Jan Sherman said...

Grandma loves that little guy! Carson and his antics are so like his father's -- Andy was so funny.