Thursday, April 19, 2012

Puppy Love

Typically Andy is the one to put Dakota to bed at night. We used to keep the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs to be sure she didn't wander around and get into mischief while we all slept. But since Parker became mobile, we had to move it up to the top of the stairs. So last night I told her it was time to go to bed, removed her leash, and sent her downstairs. I no sooner closed the gate than Andy stopped me. "Oh no, you have to walk with her downstairs and tuck her in!" Who are you and what have you done with my husband? I think someone is growing rather fond of the dog! They've been spending more time together lately; Andy takes her out every other morning for a run around the neighborhood in preparation for Spencer's 5K at school. Since we got a dog trainer's help, Dakota has been minding her P's and Q's a little better too.

No comments: