Big changes never come alone. We always seem to have two or three at a time. Carson graduated from preschool, Parker turned a year old, and he started crawling! Sometimes I feel like life is cruising along so swiftly, the only way I can keep up is if I hang on and let it drag me!

Carson is now officially ready to move on to kindergarten. Preschool graduations are always entertaining. It was fun to watch Carson sing so solemnly about "Jumbo Elephant." Here he is, Mr. Serious, with his teacher, receiving his diploma.

Each of the kids had a little part (no speaking involved--too scary). Carson was George Washington, and his friend was Abraham Lincoln. I don't think "Abe" could see anything under that big hat!

Parker is one year old! That was the fastest year I've experienced yet. I wish we could keep him just like this for a long time. He had a great birthday until his party guests arrived. There was just too much activity and he felt overwhelmed.

The hat didn't last more than 10 seconds, but we got some pictures anyway.

I love the smile! He didn't know what to do with his cake, but he knew it was something special!

This is Parker's cousin, Ben, who is just 4 months older. At this point, the age difference is still a big deal, but it will lessen with time. I think they will be good friends!

Oh such a happy boy! He is still so proud of himself whenever he stands. When he starts walking, he'll be ecstatic!

Now that he is crawling like crazy, he is into all kinds of mischief! One of his favorite games is playing with the doorstop, affectionately known as "the doingy thing." He also enjoys removing all his clothes from his dresser drawer, unrolling toilet paper, getting into the trash, throwing pieces of dog food all over the floor, and splashing in the dog's water dish. (We've been rearranging the household quite a bit!) When his brothers see him coming down the hall, they yell, "OH NOOOO!" Even the dog stays out of his way when he's on the move. Look at that sweet little face--he couldn't possibly cause trouble, could he??

Despite getting into their stuff, Parker's big brothers always want him to sleep with them. It might be fun for about five minutes, and then they'd be sorry! I've slept in a bed with him, and he snores! (Like father, like son?)

Parker has a flair for posing. You may think I'm exaggerating, but he really turns on the charm when I pull out the camera. He knows just what to do to be adorable!

Nap time. I put Parker to bed and when I went to check on him, Dakota was there to keep him company. Awww!

They are good pals. Of course, this was taken before he was mobile, so this sort of thing doesn't happen anymore. Dakota's been rolled on a few times and now when she sees him coming, she goes to a safer spot! She sure is his best buddy when he's in the high chair though. Not only does she get what he throws on the floor, but he hand feeds her sometimes! He giggles when she licks the Cheerios out of his hands.
No comments:
Post a Comment