Sunday, July 15, 2012

July

Year-round school makes the summers especially short, but this one has flown by faster than usual. We only have a week and half left!

Parker loves to "read." Several times a day, I find him in his room, perusing his basket of books. Sometimes they're even upside down, but enjoyable nonetheless. If he turns it right side up, it's like a whole new story!

I started putting one boy in the tub, and then another one wanted to bathe with him. I was against the idea (I envisioned water flying all over the bathroom and none of it in the tub), but Andy just undressed them all and plopped them in together! Naturally, he laughed and left me to contain the chaos.

Parker started sleeping in the "stinkbug position." I love it!

Fourth of July sparklers--light me up, Dad!

Andy is always giving me a hard time about the money I spend on clothing, home decor, etc. Guess what? He went to Walmart and bought a $50 aerial firework! It was spectacular...for about 30 seconds.

I don't think Carson had done sparklers before. So much fun! The smell of them brings back happy memories. We also let the kids stay up late one night to go to the carnival, and you'd think the little guys never got out. They were ecstatic! Then we stopped at Wendy's for a snack (I was thinking ice cream, but the boys ordered cheeseburgers!). We sat in the back of Andy's truck and watched the fireworks. They kept singing, "We get to stay up laaaate! Woo hoo!"

Parker's first chocolate chip cookie--mmm! He's learning to do lots of fun new things. He can finally do "roll 'em and roll 'em" for Pat-a-Cake. He also pretends to eat by sticking a finger in his mouth and making little chewing motions with his mouth. Our favorite new trick is blowing kisses. He smacks himself in the face with an open hand and laughs!

1 comment:

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

first, I absolutely love the picture that you have at the top of your blog! That is absolutely darling!! I love how parker is looking at spencer. So cute.

I never would have thought about putting cups at the end of a sparkler. Such a good idea!

you have such a cute family! Thanks for sharing :)