Sunday, January 4, 2009

About Spencer

Spencer is always saying and doing funny things. Here are a few I have tried to remember recently:

Andy was trying to take a nap one day while I was gone somewhere and Carson was sleeping. Spencer got bored after his show got over and thought it was time Daddy got up. After a few attempts at waking him, Spencer finally leaned over, pulled up an eyelid, and said, "I know you're in there!" Sure enough, he was!

Another time, I said something about my boys being cute and Spencer said, "You're not gonna think I'M cute!" I asked, "Why not?" He said, "Because I'm COOOOL!"

When we got married, I got some Corelle with a popular (and cute, I thought) ivy design on it. We seldom use the mugs since we don't drink tea or coffee. This Christmas, one of our neighbors brought over some hot cocoa mix. We decided to enjoy it right away. I got out our collection of various mugs and Spencer began assigning them to all of us. "Daddy has the big one, I'll have the kitty one, and Mommy, you have that one with the weeds on it!" I would have been insulted if I hadn't been laughing! Why do men (and boys) think everything green is a weed?


Spencer talking on a banana. Sesame Street would do well to hire him as a consultant.

We went to visit Grandma and Grandpa S. for New Year's Eve. Uncle Adam was there, and he made this magnificent tin foil hat. Here, you will see its progression....

Stage 2.... The final product! You can see it has a large "S" for Spencer! Uncles think of the most interesting activities! No little boy's life would be complete without at least one silly uncle!

No comments: