Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Brothers

It's been almost two years now since Spencer got a little brother. They get along remarkably well, I think. They've had a few more skirmishes since Spencer (and therefore Carson) got into Legos, but generally they like each other.

Nearly every morning when I get Carson out of bed, Spencer sits in this chair to "read" him a story. It's usually the same one about a mischeivous cat. He used to love it when he was Carson's age. He is a sweet big brother.

Sometimes they both like the same stories. That is so convenient, especially at bedtime.

Carson is more than willing to give affection to Spencer. This is a kiss (if you couldn't tell.) Spencer is the one who always gets the biggest grins too.

They love their daddy. They call themselves "the dudes."

We had a period of fanatacism about firefighters and fire trucks a while ago. Here they are watching a show borrowed from the library. This must have been before they thought about the ONE firefighter hat we own!
By the way, Spencer is quickly becoming a bowling pro on the Wii. He tied me recently at 159! When he gets a strike (as he often does), he yells, "Yeah baby! Just like a MAN would do!!" He's been spending time with his father. I'm going to have to correct his errant thinking....
Yesterday was Andy's birthday. For some reason he's been wanting a Johnny Cash CD for a long time, so the boys gave him one. They both love it too. I hope I don't have "The Ring of Fire" and "Ghost Riders" in my head forever. As Spencer was on his way to bed last night, he told his dad, "Goodnight 34-YEAR-OLD!!" He sure knows how to rub it in!

No comments: