Saturday, April 25, 2009

Spencer Stories

Tonight Andy tucked Spencer into bed. I was rocking Carson when suddenly there was Spencer standing in the doorway. He said, "Mom, I'm thirsty and the Holy Ghost told me in my heart that I should have rootbeer." The Holy Ghost doesn't tell fibs, either. He got water instead!

Yesterday my mom was here to visit and stayed to watch Spencer's soccer game in the evening. Just before dinner, they were outside playing baseball. Grandma was up to bat and accidentally hit the ball into Spencer's hand. Those little plastic balls are hard and they do sting. He was heartbroken, and despite all of our efforts to convince him otherwise, he was sure that she had done it on purpose. After dinner he told her he didn't want her to come to his game. Just before he walked out the door, he reaffirmed that she was not to attend. Well, we gave him a few minutes to get into the game and then she and I went to watch. He was not overjoyed to see her, but we made him be polite. Anyway, it was obvious he was still mad about the baseball incident most of the night. This morning, however, he was over it. I asked how he was feeling about Grandma today, and he said, "Grrrrrreat!" Good thing boys don't hold grudges!

No comments: