Saturday, January 30, 2010

Stories

Okay, I apologize profusely for neglecting my blog. I have pictures to post, but we are experiencing technical difficulties. I'll keep working on it. Anyway, there are plenty of entertaining stories to share.

Spencer: For starters, he said today that Mommy is prettier than a lizard. Does that count as a compliment?

He still enjoys telling tall tales, though the outright fibbing improved. He told me a little girl in his class had her tonsils out, and they put a cast around her neck. Don't worry though, they put it on "gently, so she didn't choke."

He recently told my mom that Carson "keeps getting out," so we put barbed wire all around the house. She says she'll be notifying social services. He also told her that Grandma S. says she loves him more than Grandma P. I think he's trying to start a battle of the grannies!

Carson: He knows all his colors and is starting to recognize numbers. He has a new fondness for nocturnal animals. Perhaps it's because he is somewhat nocturnal himself. Occasionally I find books under his bed in the morning, and of course we hear him goofing off in the middle of the night sometimes. Anyway, he has a nightlight that casts the shadow of his curtains onto the ceiling. It does have the appearance of bats. At first he was scared of them, but now he has made peace with the "bats." He looks forward to seeing them each night when he goes to bed. He seems to think everyone has bats in their bedroom.

He may love bats but watching "Sleeping Beauty" was too frightening. He saw it last night for the first time. At the fight scene at the end, his eyes were like saucers. He didn't blink for many minutes. Finally he said, "I scared!"

One day he was eating circus animal cookies. They were talking to each other (as most things do these days). Apparently there was a father and a baby. The baby was making sad sounds and the father said, "Don't be sad. Don't cry." Maybe you had to be there, but it was cute.

Lastly, today he was talking about his daddy. I asked, "Do you like your daddy?" He said, "Yah. A good man."

1 comment:

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

I promise i'm not some like blog stalker or anything.. but I happened accross your blog and thought i'd take a read! I love it and hope you don't mind if i add you to my list! It's darling and so are your two little boys! :)