Saturday, July 24, 2010

Doggy Playdate

Dakota has been a busy girl. Just when I thought she was a complete angel, she proved that she is still a teenager. Here is some of what she has been up to lately....

Doggy kiss! (Dakota is a bit forward.) Our next door neighbors went away for the weekend and asked me to take care of their Golden Retriever, Bronco. "No problem!" I said. "Can he come over for a playdate?" Poor Bronco. I think Dakota wore him out completely. She was so excited to have a friend! She chased him around and around the backyard till I thought I should tie her up for a while just to give him a break. Bronco is not even a year old yet, but he is very mellow in comparison! Anyway, they finally settled down a bit and sniffed each other and wandered around together for a couple of hours. Then it was time for Bronco to go home. He didn't wanna. He dug in his feet like a mule and fought me all the way to the gate. Dakota thought she should go with him, and since he was reluctant to go out, she pushed her way through ahead of him. I took Bronco back to his own yard and then I had to catch Dakota. She was super wound up from the doggy party and didn't feel like coming home. I bribed her with a treat, but she thought it was a game and she grabbed it faster than I could grab her. Long story short, I finally got her, but she was a naughty girl. No more playdates for a while!!

This is one of her favorite toys... a squeaky lobster. She slobbers him all up and then drops him in our laps.

Helping Andy make her doghouse....

She is so happy to just hang out with someone...anyone!

I bought her this lovely bandanna. Doesn't she look cute in hot pink?

The little boys played downstairs one afternoon with Dakota. They were giggling like crazy. Spencer would hide in this little tunnel and the dog would "find" him and lick him.


Today was Pioneer Day here in Utah. Most people celebrate by going to a parade or having a barbecue with friends and family. However we decided to stay home and get lots of jobs done. Spencer suggested that we have a picnic for dinner, so we turned it into a redneck party. We ate hot dogs and watermelon on our front porch and listened to Johnny Cash (loud). Too bad all the neighbors missed it.

1 comment:

Curtis said...

There's something appropriate about cooking hot dogs on the grill to the sound of Johnny Cash singing, "burn, burn burn - the ring of fire"!