Friday, June 3, 2011

Parker James Sherman

Our baby is finally here! Parker weighed 6 lbs. 8 oz. and was 20 1/2 inches long. His big brothers are very excited to have him and often stand over his bed and just stare at his tiny face. Carson has been very positive about the whole experience. He hasn't complained once about me spending so much time doing baby stuff. At the hospital he leaned over to my mom and whispered (loudly), "He's pretty cute!"

So far he is a typical baby--very sleepy during the day and up frequently at night. Hopefully he'll start switching things around soon!

When he does have awake periods, his brothers love to show him toys and talk to him. They laugh and comment about every little movement and facial expression. The other day I put Parker down so I could wash my hands. Carson saw a little dribble of spit-up coming out the corner of his mouth, and he started coughing and gagging. I informed him that he used to spit waaaaay worse than Parker does!

First bath at home. He wasn't crazy about it until we washed his hair. They always like that. There's nothing better than a freshly washed baby.

Snuggle time with Grandma.

Spencer talks about his new brother at school all the time. I know this because I had to take his jacket to him one day and a couple of ladies who work there told me that Spencer is always talking about "the little donut hole." (I have no idea why he chose that nickname!)

He is very well-loved. The boys like this picture because it looks like Parker is waving hello.

I surrender!

2 comments:

The Cake Lady said...

soooo stinkin' cute! i can't wait to squeeze him in person!

Tammy @ tealzealandbeyond.blogspot.com said...

I love that little guy! He really is a cutie.