One of my favorite things about summer is going to the county fair. Not only do I get my cotton candy fix, but I also enjoy seeing the animals, the booths, and the interesting people who seem to come out of the woodwork for events like this.

The petting zoo is always a favorite for me, but apparently my boys are not as excited about it. This year was especially fun because there was a baby zebra, a camel (wow!), llamas, and a tiny Shetland pony. So cute! For the record, zebras have very soft fur.

This is the stuff they get excited about...army trucks!

We attended the rattlesnake show, which was more hype than anything. Parker was bored, as you can see. He was a very good boy though.

This was spontaneous brotherly love. Spencer takes good care of Carson.

They each got to choose a couple of rides, so Spencer went on the airplanes.

Carson chose boats, and of course Spencer had to wave right as I took the picture.
Carson doesn't like onions, but I still cook with them anyway. One night he noticed them in his last bite and gagged a little. The episode dredged up a memory for him...
Carson: "Remember that night when I throwed up on my pillow?"
Me: "Yes, that was a long time ago."
Carson (getting tearful): "Yeah, that was a really sad night!"
I guess it's still sad after all this time!
1 comment:
Yes, manly boys like army trucks. We noticed Spencer does look out for Carson.
Post a Comment