Sunday, October 16, 2011

Doggy Fun

In case you wondered... yes, we are still enjoying all the added chaos that Dakota brings to our already crazy life. This is a sampling of what we do when we "take her out." (Well, I don't have pictures of her wild attempts to bolt across the street and chase a cat or a bicyclist or any other unsuspecting life form.)

We go to the field at the bottom of the street and play frisbee. It's fun to make her sit and wait politely until we give her the okay to run out in the grass. Her whole body is alert and almost trembling with anticipation. I took this picture after an exhilarating 15 minutes or so of "fetch" with the frisbee. You can see she's happy as a clam and I'm sure her heart is pounding from the exertion.

I tried and tried to get a good shot of her in midair, but this was all I came up with. She really is amazing. She jumps way high and she's a great catch! (I think it's cute how her ears fly out like Dumbo....)

Then we walk home the long way around the block. Andy puts this long leash on her so he can grab her if she tries to escape. She's much better behaved for him than she is for me. She is such a creature of habit. If I try to vary the route we walk together, she gets all flustered and anxious.

Just a couple quick funnies from the boys:
Spencer was playing with Parker this morning (in close proximity) and Parker sneezed. Of course, babies don't try to cover their mouths, and Spencer complained, "Ewwww! Parker just got baby sneezelets all over me!"

Spencer is the oldest brother, and as such, sometimes becomes a tease. He had some object in his mouth because he knows Carson will gag. His effort was successful, and Carson said, "Spencer! You're deesgusting me out!"

No comments: