Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Kids Say It How It Is

The other day we had one of those classic experiences I think all parents have. We were in the grocery store parking lot when a man with earrings in both ears walked by. In his loudest voice, Spencer said, "Hey Mom! That guy has TWO earrings! WEIRD, huh??!" It's hard to explain to children that people have different standards and while we don't condone their choices, we also don't draw attention to them as "mistakes." Hopefully during the time he's learning these things, he'll just keep his voice down!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

LOL, I've had many an experience like that with my boys. I don't think it would be nearly as bad if my face didn't turn beat red. The last time was on a bus....we could not walk away. Just tried to smile and get my kids to lower their voices..

Emily said...

I say keep the voices up!! Kids are entitled to their opinions too!! Too funny. Has Andrew dried out from the pool yet?

Emily said...

I say keep the voices up!! Kids are entitled to their opinions too!! Too funny. Has Andrew dried out from the pool yet?

Nathan and Lesly said...

I was in Smiths the other day and an older couple walked by. Conner says loudly, "They are getting old huh mom." You just want to put your hand over their mouths.