This morning I left a maxi pad on the bathroom counter and forgot about it until Spencer came in and asked what it was for. I don't think five-year-old boys need to know too much at this point, so I explained that it was to stick on your forehead so you can sleep on the table. He thought long and hard about that, then put his head in his hands and said, "So you don't have to use your hands? That's cool!" There you go... one more awkward moment taken care of.
For anyone who has not yet heard, Spencer told Grandma that edamame (soybeans) are "the horriblest vegetable you ever tasted!" I was trying to branch out and try something new and nutritious. I know other people's kids like it, so I hoped mine would too. Carson wagged his tongue back and forth until the bean fell out. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about them, either!
Carson took a bite of my deodorant the other day. He's never been one to get into stuff or consume non-edible materials. Anyway, I left my deodorant on the counter and went into the kitchen for a minute. When I came back, he had taken the lid off, taken a bite, thought it was yucky, and threw up on the bathroom rug! He was standing there bawling when I got back. Poor baby! I guess he knows better now!
Spencer is so in love with his baby brother. He told me one day, "I love Carson--I love every bit of him!" He also said that he wished Carson would never get big, just stay exactly like he is now. I agree. I don't know how to make that happen, though. I wished that about Spencer too, but he just keeps growing!
2 comments:
You have got to stop leaving things out on the counter!
Can't quite picture head sleeping on the table but have an answer to the future question of where babies come from. They are $9.95 at Walmart.
Post a Comment