Practicing soccer in the backyard. Can't get enough of that lately!
In our soccer set were a few orange cones, like this one. They were immediately put to use as hats by the boys.
Saturday was a busy day for Spencer: a birthday party in the morning, then his friend across the street invited him over to play. Andy suddenly got a bee in his bonnet to go out and fly Spencer's kite (sans Spencer). He left Carson sitting in the wagon, to "watch," and had a blast with the Winnie the Pooh kite. He even made me call over to the neighbors' to have the boys come out and watch him. They were somewhat unimpressed. When Spencer came home, he gave it a try and really showed up his father!
Last week Andy and Spencer went on a little vacation together. Here's Spence in the airport. They had a great time, "the two dudes," just making plans day by day. Andy didn't look at the computer for the first three days. It was the best thing he's done for himself in a long time. The night before they left, Spencer was so excited and told his daddy, "I can't wait to be with you!"
One day they went to the local library. In the kids' corner there were some puzzles. Spencer declared, "I guess I better show the other kids how to do these puzzles." He thought kids in a place like Cadillac, MI must not be smart enough!One day Andy picked up his book before going into the bathroom (as is his habit). Spencer observed and scolded, "Daddy! What did I tell you about touching things when you're in the bathroom?!"
Spencer likes me to lie down with him at night for a minute or two before he goes to sleep. I've had a cough for the last week or so. Anticipating a disturbance, he said, "Mom, if you need to cough, just forget about it!" I think he may have meant "try not to think about it," but it came out a little more harshly!
1 comment:
this last picture is amazing. Its my new fave. I guess its the hat worn sherman style, and that face. Its great
Post a Comment