Well Spencer fell into the Christmas tree today. Yes, he fell INTO the Christmas tree! Don't worry--no injuries or other necessary repairs. I was in the kitchen making breakfast when I heard sort of a crashing sound. I turned around and there was the tree, shaking, with ornaments raining down. I said, "What are you DOING??" He whimpered a little and said, "Help! I'm stuck!" I couldn't help but laugh when I saw his predicament. He was leaning over the edge of the couch to get something and fell over, into the tree. He nearly tipped it over! So there he was, caught in the narrow space between the tree and the couch corner with branches in his hair and ornaments all over. Our Christmas train was completely derailed and the tracks were a mess. Nothing was broken, but it took a while to redecorate!
This time of year is sooooo exciting for the kids, especially Spencer. We go over and over "how many more days." He told Grandma S. the other day that he had been "a little bit naughty" this year. (I think he's hoping Santa will forgive a few trespasses and take a broader perspective.) Every year I become more tired of the Chipmunks and Mickey Mouse singing Christmas songs. Unfortunately, this only the beginning....
Tonight was the Christmas devotional by the Presidency of the church. It's televised for us Utahns. They always have the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing, which was amazing as always. Carson was hoping they would do a rendition of "Rufolph" (Rudolph), but he was disappointed. Rudolph is his newest (and severe) infatuation. He was also certain that one of the men in the choir was Santa. He kept pointing to the TV and babbling on and on in language we didn't quite understand. Finally Spencer said, "He's going to speak Spanish when he grows up."
2 comments:
Oh, I needed that laugh!!
Poor Spencer.
LOL. Grandma & Grandpa sure do love you, Spencer & Carson.
Post a Comment