Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Canoeing

A couple of weeks ago, my brother-in-law (sister's husband) took us to a pond in Kaysville to try out his canoes. It was surprisingly fun! Of course Spencer loved it. I even got in my "own" canoe and paddled away, fearful the whole time that I would fall in the water!

Here's Spencer riding with "Big Cousin Jarom." Jarom is pretty much a super hero to Spence.


Older and younger boys about to launch.

It's hard to see, but this is me and my nephew, Jake. When my brother-in-law told me there was "just a little leak" in the boat, I thought he was kidding. He wasn't! Every time we tipped a little, my shoe filled with water! That was more than a little disconcerting.

Just call me Princess Tiger Lily (from Peter Pan). Do I look elegant and graceful?

Here are the boys waving at the land-lovers.

When they weren't in the water, Spencer and Jeffrey had fun playing "Moon-walking" on the dirt. They are funny to watch.

Pretty bright on the moon....

They are such good buddies!

What a charming man I'm married to!

No comments: